Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Home Environmental Tips
Caring for a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease might mean you’ll need to make a couple of changes. One of these changes includes making the necessary home modifications, such as wheelchair ramp installation in Freehold, New Jersey, to make your senior’s home much safer for them to continue living in.
As a provider of general construction services, we at Mobility Construction have made a list of considerations and environmental tips for Alzheimer’s caregivers to help protect their loved ones.
- Stock up on the same towels and place them in the same location for easy access.
- Use non-slip mats in the shower and the entrance.
- If your loved one needs it, get them a shower chair.
- Install grab bars in the tub or the shower stall and near the toilet.
- Make sure lights are soft and not too bright that it hurts your loved one’s eyes.
- Install nightlights throughout the house, in every room.
- Windows should be covered with blinds at night and opened for natural light during the day.
- Secure personal hygiene items in a drawer or cabinet. Many hygiene items are poisonous, nail polish remover, perfumes, shampoos, nail polish, lotions.
Construction Services You Can Trust
Whether you need your light bulbs replaced or installation of a ramp in New Jersey, our people are skilled and ready to assist you!
Contact us today to learn more about our services.